Posted in Information Technology 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job ID: 15080
Ametek Corporation, a leader in event monitoring and wireless access technology, provides tank-level monitoring, wireless security, machine-to-machine, voice, high-speed data, and fax solutions for business and residential customers. With over 20 years of experience, Ametek Corporation has developed solutions to deliver remote access for voice and data without significant network investment or disruption.
The technical lead web developer is tasked with ensuring design, implementation and unit tests follow standard software development practices. Ensuring projects have the necessary technical components to complete projects and to communicate issues and hurdles as they arise. This role will involve a high-level degree of communication, collaboration and coordination of efforts between teams in India and US.
• Gather requirements and assist with architecture definition for new product development.
• Design and implement web-based applications for Ametek using applicable coding standards.
• Analyze existing code to locate defects, determine cause, and implement solutions.
• Create, review, and execute test plans to ensure complete functional coverage.
• Work with Product Verification Testing to ensure complete test coverage with the emphasis on testing automation.
• Work with field and operations personnel, and occasionally customers, to resolve field issues quickly.
• Interaction on a daily or weekly basis with other functional groups, such as manufacturing and marketing
• Work closely with hardware and firmware experts to ensure a seamless product development and delivery cycle.
• Provide guidance to other engineers, and “lead by example” with respect to quality and schedule awareness.
• Understanding of agile software development and DevOps best practices.
• Working knowledge of design patterns
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5+ years development experience on a Microsoft Server environment is required.
• 3+ Experience with network communications protocols or application development.
• Experience with DB design using MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016.
• Knowledge and experience writing unit tests.
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills and must be proficient in English.
Additional Experiences considered highly beneficial
• Network and web application profiling tools.
• Mobile development for Android and iOS.
• Beneficial to have Kendo UI, DayPlot or Azure cloud programming.
• Server technologies; SOAP, REST services
• Project Requirement Management tools.
• Code management tools.
• Wireless industry (GSM or CDMA). / Machine-to-machine (M2M) industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.