Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
* Operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments for the aerospace industry.
* Perform complex and unusual "new" jobs with minimal supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
* Make necessary modifications or adjustments. Perform machining operations for the purpose of setting production standards.
* Must have the ability to meet and exceed targeted production goals.
* Practices safe work habits, maintains clean working environment, and performs routine preventative maintenance and other duties as directed
* Must continually build technical skills in area of expertise which is required to aid the facility in meeting Division targets and goals.
* Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* 3 - 5 years work experience as a machinist is required, preferably in aerospace.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work from operation sheets so that parts can successfully flow through the manufacturing process.
* Good understanding of GD&T
* Ability to set up and simultaneously operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. Maintain awareness of approximate completion times of jobs on machines and begin preparation for subsequent job setups to ensure continual machine usage.
* Ability to select the proper cutting tools and use the correct feeds and speeds to correctly machine the parts.
* Strong ability to understand shop mathematics and correct gauging to inspect parts using standard measuring devices prior to going to inspection.
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve various tooling and machining problems to ensure all parts and pieces are processed correctly.
* Knowledge of machine shop practices, principles and operations.
* High mechanical ability, people skills, willingness to learn, lead, and adapt with technology.
* Possess high integrity and ethical standards.
* Demonstrates intermediate computer skills.
* Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
* Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment. Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
* Good understanding of G and M codes.
* Must be dedicated to working safely.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Machinist certification or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.