Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Operates Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) commercial motor vehicles to deliver fuel products to customers. Strictly adheres to government regulations and SSC operating procedures while working independently. Products and load type vary based on location and may include heating oil, kerosene, diesel, gasoline, and/or liquid propane. May install and maintain related equipment at customer site.
Essential Job Functions -- complexity of essential job functions increases with grade level
- Maintain regular communication with facility leadership regarding delivery dispatching, installation and service of fuel products and equipment. Provide updates and input on equipment condition, account issues, supply of materials and other critical factors.
- Effectively operate Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) commercial motor vehicles carrying fuel products, including: heating oil, kerosene, diesel, and/or gasoline. May operate vehicles carrying liquid propane. Comply with all U.S. DOT regulations for operating a commercial vehicle.
- Load supply of fuel for delivery according to standard operating procedures. Handle and lift canisters into truck and/or utilize load hose, meters, gauges, and terminal controls for bulk fuel loading (top load and bottom load). Obtain distribution of fuel from SSC facility or third party terminals. May load pressurized liquid propane.
- Provide safe, reliable and prompt delivery to customers according to work orders and account service plans. Handle, lift, load and unload equipment and supplies using proper tools and safety techniques. Calibrate equipment to proper settings. Perform calculations throughout shift to maintain accurate record of fuel supply for remaining deliveries.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner through professional and courteous communication with customers and suppliers. Review account details with customers during deliveries. Provide information on delivered products and equipment, including loaned equipment and transfers. Collect account payments. Confirm future deliveries with customers to maintain their required inventory.
- Depending upon location, perform on-site installation of fuel equipment for new customers, general maintenance, adjustments and/or repair work to equipment and systems.
- Properly utilize and maintain equipment and vehicles. Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair to keep equipment and vehicles in good working condition. Repair and paint tanks and equipment. Advise supervisor of complex equipment issues to ensure timely repair or replacement.
- Maintain daily truck reports, logs, vehicle and equipment maintenance records and other related documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with taking physical inventory of refined fuel products. Adhere to inventory control initiatives. May assist with shipping and/or receiving of related products as determined by business need. Effectively utilize forklift and other material handling equipment according to facility procedures.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. Learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Minimize waste and properly dispose of waste material. Perform all related cleaning of equipment, vehicle and work areas according to Housekeeping Plan and SSC procedures.
- Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Additional Essential Job Functions for Grade 426
- Regularly load and deliver liquid propane in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Plan the schedule for delivery, installation and service of fuel products and equipment in coordination with supervisor.
- Attend a minimum of two (2) specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings per year as requested.
- Assist with providing on-the-job training to Refined Fuels Drivers. Provide guidance and coaching on delivery of products, installation and maintenance of equipment, and discussing supply needs with customers. Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Discuss additional SSC fuel services with the customer, refer to appropriate sales representative for follow-up as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled