Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Billings, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an OR Nurse.
Youre generous with your compassion, your empathy and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
Youre equally comfortable with patients, families, colleagues, mentors and technology.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898.
We are passionate about patient care and quality outcomes. We have 14 operating rooms with a hybrid room. Our cases include:
* General surgery
* Pediatric surgery and procedures
* Gynecological Surgery
* Plastic Surgery
* ENT Surgery
* Orthopedics and joint surgery
* Neuro and deep brain stimulation surgery
* Open heart, cardiovascular and TAVR surgery
* DaVinci robotics for urology, gynecology, and general surgery
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
We believe in training and knowledge. If you have no OR experience, you will complete our AORN Perioperative 101 program during your 5 month orientation. Once you complete Perioperative 101, you will have a year membership to AORN and 40 CEUs through AORN.
We will support your orientation process by pairing you with a dedicated and experienced preceptor. The OR Educator will oversee your orientation process and be there to support and guide you during orientation and beyond.
WE OFFER UP TO $29,000 HIRING INCENTIVES TO INCLUDE SIGN-ON, STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS AND RELOCATION.
As an OR Nurse you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
* Adapt to quickly changing dynamic situations calmly and effectively
* Ability to work 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts on call shifts required
* Respond to and communicate professionally with peers and providers as you perform your work
* Foster quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients in mind
* Comply with procedural and documentation guidelines
* Oversee care delivered by CSTs and/or STA
* Continually expand your knowledge
* Help improve our facility and safety programs
* Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
* Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* ASN, ADN or BSN from an accredited program
* Ability to obtain BSN within 4 years of hire, unless you have a minimum of 15 years of proven, continuous, acute care RN experience, required
* Current RN license to practice nursing in the state of Montana
* Current BLS certification
YOUR NEXT MOVE
Now that you know more about being an OR Nurse on our team we hope youll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities