Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Overall Job Summary
The Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions division of Matthews Memorialization is a leading manufacturer and distributor of caskets and other funeral home products in North America, producing a wide variety of wood, metal and cremation caskets. We sell our products exclusively through authorized distributors, primarily funeral homes. Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions and Matthews Memorialization are (MATW) Matthews International companies.
The Driver/Warehouse Worker is responsible for delivering company product to corresponding drop-off locations. In addition, this role focuses on efficiently preparing for delivery and reorganizing the warehouse and products after delivery has been fulfilled.
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Full-Time / Part-Time: Part-Time
* Drives truck to deliver products.
* Loads trucks for delivery.
* Prepares products for delivery.
* Completes daily log book to record delivery activity.
* Unloads trucks upon arrival at drop-off location and distribution center.
* Cleans warehouse based upon location and company compliance standards.
* Puts products away as necessary.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
* Previous driver experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Basic degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
* Ability to work overtime as necessary
* Must have current driver s license.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled