Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dover, Delaware
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Dover Behavioral Health is a mental health facility located in Dover, DE. Our treatment center provides mental health and addiction treatment services to individuals from Delaware, Maryland, and most other states throughout the US. Our experienced, caring professionals are the heart of what we do, providing superior inpatient and outpatient behavioral healthcare services for adolescents and adults. We provide consistent attention to our patients and are responsive to their individual needs. Our treatment programs are tailored to the needs of each patient and are developed and implemented through a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach that combines the skill and expertise of our healthcare professionals. All who turn to us for assistance will find a helping hand and a compassionate heart.
Dover Behavioral Health System is seeking a dynamic and talented Peer Recovery Specialist for our growing hospital. The incumbent will provide peer level support to dual-diagnosis and substance abuse patients in helping and sustaining recovery. This is a grant funded position.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Develop supportive relationships that instills hope for recovery and with a focus on the patient s treatment goals
* Provide a welcome and orientation to newly admitted patients * Provide engaging education to patients during their stay including at time of admission, during treatment and aftercare, including facilitating recovery-based peer support groups * Ensure patients are following through with after care appointments, including transporting individuals at time of discharge and maintaining communication with after care providers * Working with the Social Services Department to find acceptable after care services and community based support for patient
This opportunity provides the following:
* *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
* A Competitive Total Compensation Package
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
* 401k plan with company match and Stock Options
* Generous Paid Time Off and flexible scheduling
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Licensure and CEU Assistance, including onsite trainings!
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, Peer Recovery Certification highly preferred, Clean Motor Vehicle Record, and at least 6 months of working in a behavioral health setting
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.