Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assists in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Formulates and implements processes, procedures and systems for tracking and analyzing software, hardware, and equipment from requisition through retirement.
* Account for the IT assets throughout the enterprise utilizing tools to manage all assets within the organization and affiliated companies.
* Develop and conduct training as needed for use by department level staff to maintain inventory.
* Manage acquisition of assets from planning through deployment.
* Report to senior management ITAM/life cycles and resolve conflicts.
* Verify, enter, and adjust equipment IT asset management data in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports.
* Track entire life-cycle management for each asset in order to maintain warranty information, refresh date, and end of life data information.
* Work directly with the administrator(s) to maintain 100 percent inventory accuracy.
* Develop written plans, policies, and procedures to document processes to support the asset management lifecycle.
* Conduct annual inventory audit and develop process and procedures to ensure accuracy.
* Develop and implement eWaste policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or seven years of equivalent experience.
* Associate s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or 10 years of equivalent experience.
* IAITAM Certifications: ITAM, Software, Hardware, Disposal, Mobile and Security
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Proven experience with IT Asset Management and CMDB processes and technologies
* Experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
* Understanding of information processing principles and practices.
* Strong foundation of experience leveraging technologies and licensing requirements to build highly scalable, rapidly recoverable and efficiently provisioned platforms.
* Experience developing business cases, understanding complex licensing metrics and negotiating with vendors.
* Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations v3 certification a plus.
* Knowledge and experience in managing software and hardware inventory and compliance
* Knowledge and experience in Software Audit process and prevention
* Knowledge of the following technologies and licensing with specific experience with at least one vendor under each domain: compute (Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM including blade servers), collaboration (Cisco, IBM, Microsoft), database (Oracle, SQL Server), data protection (CA Technologies, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, NetApp SynSort, Symantex Backup Exec & Netbackup), mobile device management (Airwatch, MaaS360, Zenprise/XenMobile), networking (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Proofpoint), operating systems (Mac and Windows for desktops, windows server 2003/2008, HPUX, Linux), storage (EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NetApp), virtualization (Citrix, Mircosoft Hyper-V, VMware).
* Experience evaluating or implementing email archiving solutions, private cloud solutions, dynamic capacity provisioning, metering and chargeback and self-service capability.
* Experience in scoping, planning and managing complex and concurrent technical activities supported by a strong understanding of IT project management; demonstrated ability to manage scope, timeline, and budget; PMP certification a plus.
* Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; resourceful and capable of working in the abstract, with the ability to understand multiple facets of complex technologies.
* Experience leading the deployment of complex solutions involving multiple vendor technologies.
* Effective facilitator of technical decisions; comfortable with working through ambiguous initiatives to develop effective solutions.
* Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with experience communicating complex, technical concepts to all levels.
* Solid relationship management skills interacting horizontally and vertically across organizations.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
ABOUT LPL FINANCIAL:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.