Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Seattle, Washington
Schick Shadel Hospital is seeking Registered Nurse (RN) to provide patient assessment and coordination of patient care services through collaborative efforts with our medical staff and counselors. We are seeking compassionate, empathetic and committed RNs who want to actively participate in our patients' success stories. If you have interest in substance use disorders, are invested in service excellence, and want to contribute to our patients' positive outcomes, please submit your application. We offer generous benefits, competitive salaries, and shift differentials.
Schick Shadel Hospital, a subsidiary of UHS, is a 60 bed alcohol and substance use disorder hospital located in the outskirts of Seattle, has been providing successful chemical dependency treatment since 1935. The Hospital, which claims the "#1 Success Rate" in treating alcoholism, bases its success on its unique and powerful counter conditioning treatment program. The Hospital provides medication detoxification and an intense, short stay addiction treatment program for alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, prescription opioids and heroin (smoked or snorted).
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
* Receives report from previous shifts and identifies special needs of assigned patients.
* Prioritizes nursing care according to patient needs.
* Performs nursing activities which promote the physical, mental and emotional well being of the patient.
* Orders medication as prescribed by physician.
* Performs nursing assessment on all new patients.
* Recognizes and interprets symptoms and when appropriate reports patient s condition to the Charge Nurse/Director of Nursing.
* Performs a nursing summary on patients just prior to discharge.
* Keeps accurate and complete records of nursing care.
* When appropriate, participates in orientation of new nursing personnel.
* Assists in interpreting policies and procedures to patients and their families.
* Responds to codes as part of a team of designated nursing personnel.
* Participates in annual hospital mandated inservices and required education, training and competencies.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
* Associate Degree in Nursing is required with a B.S.N. preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years hospital based nursing experience is required. Experience in a chemical dependency setting, detoxification unit, or behavioral health/psychiatric hospital setting is preferred.
* Must be licensed by the Washington State Department of Health as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Must be currently certified in CPR/BLS.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.