Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Renton, WA, US
Company: PACCAR Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! Division Information
PACCAR s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector. Requisition Summary
The Application Development Manager is responsible for the supervision of analysts and developers; providing feedback and training where necessary and conducting performance reviews. Job Functions / Responsibilities
A successful candidate will be highly self-directed, an excellent problem-solver and be able to work with all levels of the organization. Applicant may support business partners using 24x7 applications that require on-call responsibilities.
* Through continuous customer interaction, develop an understanding of the business drivers, business processes, and business priorities within ITD.
* Manage project pipeline and prioritization process. Collaborate on resource allocation efforts with development manager.
* Keep abreast of information technologies, solutions and vendors that could be applied to address business needs.
* Develop recommendations, plans and strategies to address the identified business needs while effectively applying the appropriate IT solutions.
* Project management responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, create and manage project plans; manage customer requirements; manage projects to completion including budgeting, schedule and deliverables; coordinate with Corporate Purchasing; communicate project status at all levels within the organization; and coordinate product turnover.
* Supervise, develop and mentor business system analysts in business liaison skills, vendor engagements, requirement definition, recommendation/proposal development, as well as project management.
* Create and execute product deployment; business integration, and Project Proof of Concepts, as required; and research emerging technology and related best industry practices.
* Minimum of 5 years related work experience to include staff management, large scope project management, industry experience.
* Excellent execution skills. Ability to achieve results and progress. Creativity and resourcefulness to get the results.
* Strong knowledge of software delivery methodologies is required
* Strong project leadership skills to include driving for results, communicating with all levels of management, exceptional presentation skills, budget/schedule/resource control, risk management, stakeholder management, requirements management, and scope management.
* Proven skills in developing global systems roadmap and IT strategy for business functions.
* Ability to quickly understand business drivers and processes to gain credibility with business leadership.
* Solid understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Excellent understanding and ability to work collaboratively with business partners and processes.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
* Familiarity with various application platforms including mainframe, Windows and Unix.
* Familiarity with programming languages, including .Net, C++, VB6, COBOL.
* Candidates will also be PC proficient (MS Project and Office), possess strong analytical skills, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have proven written and verbal communication skills.
* B.S. degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required.
* Master s degree preferred.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Mainframe, Consulting, Manager, Technology, Management