Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sunrise, Florida
Responsible for managing platform services team supporting Trimble PPM s product portfolio offering to meet the company s availability, reliability, performance and security goals.
About e-Builder: Founded in 1995 and based in Plantation, Florida, e-Builder, a Trimble Company, is the pioneer of a fully integrated, cloud-based construction management software. Our client list reads as the who s, who in all our vertical markets: Facebook, Caltech, INOVA Healthcare, and Chicago Transit Authority to name just a few - . As one of the fastest growing companies in South Florida, we are proud to be named a Florida Company to Watch, to be nominated as one of South Florida s best places to work and have our CEO named South Florida Business Journal s Ultimate CEO. We re excited to find innovative ways to combine technology with construction with a fun work environment. To learn more about our award-winning organization and corporate culture visit www.e-builder.net
Job Duties/Accountabilities of Position:
* Lead a team of senior software engineers and DevOps engineers on continuously improving system architecture of our ecosystem of services
* Experience managing resources in multiple locations and time zones
* Analyze complex business needs and recommend technology solutions to support and improve the company s SaaS product portfolio
* Participate in all aspects of product development as needed, from requirements analysis through product release utilizing Lean/Agile methodology
* Work with Technology management team to develop re-architecture roadmap and implementation plan
* Develop and communicate implementation approach for assigned projects
* Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to projects that are under development
* Reports to Chief Technology Officer
* Experience working within Cloud/SaaS product development organizations and managing budgets
* Expert understanding of Object-Oriented Design
* Deep understanding of Architectural Design Patterns and Domain Driven Design
* Experience implementing CQRS and Event Sourcing
* Experience implementing architecture patterns like MVC, n-tier, SOA, Microservices, etc.
* Experience designing and architecting solutions using different architecture patterns like AOP, AOM, Pipes and Filters, etc.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Regularly coach and mentor team members
* Experience with multiple relational database solutions like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
* Experience with ORM frameworks like MS Entity Framework, LINQ, NHibernate, etc.
* Experience with NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo, Redis, etc.
* Experience with message broker solutions like RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, etc.
* Considerable experience using lean/agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming, continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment
* Ability to communicate effectively with management, other engineers, and internal and external customers
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
* Ability to write business and technical specification documents that conveys complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely
* Ability to learn quickly and meet high expectations
* Customer focused with excellent follow through on commitments
* Bachelor s degree on computer science, software engineering or related field
* Working experience as a software architect will be considered in place of a degree
* A minimum of 8 years of experience working on B2B product development environments
* Business knowledge of the construction industry highly desirable
If you can accomplish the above then you have what it takes to be a successful Director, Platform Services here at e-Builder!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace