Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Esquire is looking for a design director who will and set the look and feel of the magazine. This position oversees the work of designers, illustrators, photographers, and others in developing creative ideas. The candidate must have an exceptional creative vision, an expansive design vocabulary, a keen eye for photography, excellent typography skills, and the ability to lead a team. Must have at least 8 years of relevant editorial design experience at a major magazine. This position reports directly to the editor in chief and is based in New York. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Hands-on design work throughout the print magazine
• Design visually arresting layouts with good production quality
• Design the cover of the magazine
• Collaborate with editors and the photo team
• Manage multiple projects in a highly collaborative environment
• Work with the imaging department on color correcting
• Flow text and assign text boxes in Woodwing as necessary