Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
ENGIE Storage (formerly Green Charge) helps power the world more efficiently and sustainably. As the nations number one distributed energy storage company, we serve energy producers, distributors, and consumers, including utilities, network operators, and energy consumers in business and government.
Energy storage is a key enabler of a more sustainable energy future. At ENGIE Storage, you can help build this future by contributing to the development and deployment of GridSynergy, a comprehensive, software-driven, field-proven battery-based energy storage system.
As the energy storage arm of ENGIE, we benefit from the stability and resources of a global energy company committed to addressing the major challenges of transitioning to a low-carbon energy system. With over 154,000 employees in more than 70 countries, ENGIE achieved revenue of 60.6 billion in 2018.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
THE ROLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The Director, Business Development will be responsible for the development, execution, scaling, and financial success for utility scale In Front of the Meter Energy Storage Solutions
Head of Business Development
United States Northeast or Mid-Atlantic
Local Contract Only
Essential Job Functions
* Develop a commercial plan for, and execute on, In Front of the Meter Energy Storage sales that provide multiple value streams to clients and off takers.
* Identify sales prospects, develop the go-to-market strategy, and develop and coordinate internal (ENGIE) and external partnerships to reach customers and scale the business
* Own the entire consultative sales process: generate and prioritize leads, schedule and lead sales meetings with clients, develop pricing, customer value streams and product proposals, negotiate sales, and execute sale agreements
* Manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously to develop a qualified pipeline
* Develop and execute strategic plan to scale product lines nationally in the coming three years, including evolving the business model with market dynamics and to respond to evolving and differing regulations in each market
* Serve as point of contact and subject matter expert for a portfolio of projects by coordinating with Executive leadership, other ENGIE Business Units, Legal, Finance, Engineering, Policy, and Operations
* Present portfolio and project updates to ENGIE Storage and ENGIE NA Executive Leadership, including capital requests to credit committees
* Contribute to the ENGIE Storage technology road map to ensure product line capabilities align to customer and market needs while differentiating from the competitive landscape
* Determine queue position of solar and or storage projects to determine project viability in state level programs or
* Support ENGIE Storage scale and implement its Community Solar energy storage portfolios with PV Developers.
* Support ENGIE Distributed Solar with business development activities related to the acquisition of solar and storage portfolios and the addition or integration of energy storage to existing and planned solar assets
* Fluency in energy market (Independent System Operator) design, pricing and pricing forecasts, energy market operations and participation models, and state and regional regulatory design and processes
* Strong analytic skills, with a proven ability to develop and execute on innovative solutions in the rapidly evolving energy landscape
* Proven ability to develop financial models, evaluate and communicate risk and profitability of product lines to ENGIE Storage and ENGIE North America leadership teams
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, with unique ability to distill complex technical, legal, and financial subjects into commercial practicality
* Ability to draft and negotiate commercial agreements with clients, partners and vendors including turn key sales agreements, service and operating agreements
* Expert negotiation and relationship management skills, with a successful track record closing deals related to distributed energy assets
* Experience structuring contracted and merchant offtake agreements
* Ability to build and maintain relationships, successfully navigate an organization, and build consensus across multiple organizational levelsincluding internally (ENGIE) and externally (clients, partners and investors)
* Strong organization skills, including experience in sales processes, sales vertical development, and sales activity management
* Proven ability to execute on strategic plans and to win identified business opportunities
* Proficiency with power system fundamentals including distribution systems, interconnection requirements and distributed energy resource technologies (solar and energy storage)
* Demonstrated track record of closing at least 20 MW of Distributed Energy Resource agreements
* Ability to travel 30%-40% of the time for client meetings and industry events
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience in the power and energy sector, including power purchase agreement negotiation, structured financing, and/or M&A activities.
* Experience with solar and energy storage technology fundamentals
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.