Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
L.B. Foster Company, established in 1902, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets with location in North America and Europe. We have been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The Mobile Equipment Operator is responsible for facilitating production through operation of mobile equipment while following standard work methods and practicing safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible
• Review current production orders and control plan daily
• Verify materials to be loaded or unloaded are acceptable by checking the purchasing documents
• Operate machines at maximum efficiency levels
• Operate at approved driving speeds and do not exceed rated lift capacity
• Assure ongoing preventative maintenance and repairs are made when needed
• Adhere to safety guidelines and protocol
• Assist with plant/yard activities as needed
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years production experience
• Certified to operate equipment if applicable
• Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently
• A focus on problem solving and teamwork
• Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Average proficiency in mathematics
• Good visual acuity
• Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
• Customer focus
• Integrity & trust
• Continuous improvement
• Accountability/work ethic
• Attention to detail/time management
• Critical thinking/learning agility
• Safety oriented
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description