Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Cargill views Decision Support as a key extension of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), providing financial analysis to drive value for the business. Decision support uses data and analysis to generate a deep understanding of business performance, enhance decision making, and drive action. This requires strong partnership with FP&A, Accounting & Finance, and key business partners. This position will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and key financial contact for their focus area. Primary accountabilities will include Business Operations and Supply Chain (BOSC) analysis, ad hoc management reporting, forecasts, benchmarking, volume and margin analysis. This position must be able to multi-task and manage multiple requests at various times. Critical skills in analysis, communication of information, ability to build trust, and challenging the status quo will be vital to the success of this role. This role will also be expected to advise and coach a team of diverse analysts through cross-training and continuous learning.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) that provides decision support to the business and FP&A team.
• Partner with FP&A to develop analysis that leads to actionable insights to improve performance.
• Partner with the business as a key financial contact for BOSC analysis, product/customer profitability, and other analysis.
• Integrate new KPIs and metrics into dashboards and assist the MI team (Management Information) in validating and delivering clear information.
• Create and analyze forecasts, budgets, and performance metrics that impact business plans and the S&OP process. Conduct driver analysis (volume, price, mix, cost) and capital investment review.
• Monitor financial performance including SGA, working capital, and competitive excellence. Propose opportunities to drive improvement.
• Benchmark - understand, translate, and provide insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Connect the dots and drive improvement with follow-up actions.
• Assist on M&A financial modeling and analysis as requested.
25% - Continuous Improvement:
50% -Financial Planning & Analysis - Decision Support:
• Proactively identify and implement process simplification and improvements for decision support.• Advise MI team (Management Information) on reporting standardization projects across the business to meet the needs of A&F, FP&A, and the Protein Group.
25% - Finance Leadership and Adhoc Projects:
Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
8+ years of Financial Analysis related
Proven ability to lead and coach a high-performing team
Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build
trust without direct authority
Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong technical skills