Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
Under the direction of the General Manager, operate cash register and assist customers. Major duties include ringing up all sales transactions, operating cash register, greeting and assisting customers/donors.
1. Ring up all sales transactions into the cash register and complete sales.
2. Ensure that each customer receives the proper change and correct receipt for purchase.
3. Follow policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card transactions, voids, gift cards and change Round Up program.
4. Account accurately for all transactions; including cash and charge documentation.
5. Service cash register when necessary; change tapes, and prepare the register for the next shift.
6. Greet each customer with a courteous, friendly and professional attitude; provide prompt, efficient, and accurate customer service at all times.
7. Direct customers to proper area and provide general information as requested.
8. Responsible for keeping the register area clean and orderly at all times.
9. Stay alert and watch for shoplifting; notify store management on suspicious activity.
10. Maintain well-groomed appearance and appropriate dress code including name badge and vest.
1. Rotate stock on a timely basis and in accordance with established procedures; bring stock to sales floor in a timely manner.
2. Place and present all merchandise on appropriate racks in accordance with merchandising policies and procedures.
3. Assist in textile color rotation per established procedure.
4. Answer telephone promptly using established etiquette procedure.
5. Refer all customer complaints to management in a timely manner.
6. Follow Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) procedures and other Public Protection Guidelines.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Knowledge of retail operations and cashiering.
3. Ability to operate a cash register and telephone.
4. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
5. Ability to react calmly to emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent is preferred. Previous retail and/or cashiering experience is highly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and beginner knowledge of touch screen cash register.
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing and walking for long periods of time.
4. Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull.
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
License and Certifications:
This position does not require any certifications or licenses.