Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will be part of multi-skilled teams responsible for the engineering and architecture of the Shore Tactical Assured Command & Control (STACC) Network. The Senior Network Engineer will assist as needed with the management, troubleshooting, and correction of incidents and problems associated with STACC Network. This includes all associated end-to-end components and cryptographic devices.
The senior will lead Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements as directed by project leadership, and do so in accordance with approved change management and release processes..
The senior engineer will assist in the development, execution, and documentation of Life Cycle Management strategies. Additional responsibilities include the following:
* Support will include the developmental testing and the technical input and data required for the creation of all engineering design documentation to include Appendix A, System Performance Specification (SPS), Preliminary Design Document (PDD), System Design Description (SDD), Contingency Plan, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Interface Control Document (ICD), Test Plans, Implementation Plans, and Test Reports
* Support the generation of installation documentation to include Installation Requirements Drawings (IRD), Installation Design Plans (IDP), System Operational Verification Test (SOVT), Transition Plans, and Pre-Installation Test and Check Out (PITCO) Reports
* Support the writing and updating of source code documentation, configuration guides (to include Application Configuration Guide, Server Configuration Guide, Network Device Template), and network diagrams referenced as deliverables in the STACC Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
* Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
* Identify and drive opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
* The Senior Network Engineer must have a strong understanding of local and wide area network technologies and services and be able to document and present those technologies
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at least 15 years relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment
* Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols
* Significant past experience with the following protocols and concepts: BGP, OSPF,IS-IS, MPLS, TCP/IP, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling, IPsec and TLS
* Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environments - Software development/scripting skills are highly desired - specifically Python or shell (bash)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Service provider level knowledge of Architecture Concepts and Troubleshooting to include MPLS, BGPv4, L2/L3 VPNs, QoS, OSPF, GRE Tunnels, IPV6, and multicast
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled