Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
CUSTOMER RELIABILITY ENGINEER II OR III
North America, USA, Louisiana, Baton Rouge
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is our legacy. Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Duties & Responsibilities
* Reviews applications and makes recommendations.
* Troubleshoots applications and analyzes, evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
* Communicates orally and in writing with company personnel providing feedback, recommendations, and technical assistance.
* May include making technical presentations to management.
* Solves problems on existing installations regarding material changes or modifications of equipment, seal, or auxiliary equipment.
* Reviews overall seal and component part materials, proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail drawings.
* Prepares reports and recommendations to management and assist in development and management of partnership programs.
* Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in assignment.
* Observes and reports field performance results; collects and evaluates customer data, while working with local John Crane office and sales representatives.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering, prefer ME.
* 3-5 years of experience with mechanical seals, rotating equipment and basic engineering principles applied to perform work assignments in addition to PC and software knowledge.
* Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and machining practices.
* CNC Programming a plus.
* Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a manufacturing operation.
* Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a high-stress environment.
* Excellent written and verbal business communication.
* Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
Preferred: * Knowledge of labor reporting, work order variances, QAD, MFG-PRO, SAP, or equivalent
* Previous participation in continuous improvement activities including but not limited to Kaizen, SMED, and Lean activities or equivalent.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.