Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
CWS is seeking a candidate to provide Program Management for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Sensitive But Unclassified Local Area Network (SBULAN) and ALMIS integration to Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS). This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's enterprise logistics information system (ALMIS) and the ALC SBULAN. Examples of support include planning, applications development, application integration, web development, database engineering, database administration, system engineering, system administration, business analysis, configuration management, quality assurance, customer support, system security, network support, desktop support, and help desk support. This effort will be coordinated and managed by the Program Manager and a team of on-site contractor Site Manager(s) who the Program Manager will provide leadership and guidance for as they take direction and report to the respective government technical leads. The candidate will provide a full range of Program Management support services for the purpose of operating an effective and efficient Engineered Systems Support Services Contract. The candidate will provide strong, performance and process driven leadership committed to continual process improvement. The candidate will ensure that functions and services are managed according to industry best business practices. The PM will be the point of contact for customer coordination with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and Government Senior Level Managers and ensure resources are appropriately assigned to complete contract objectives and tasks. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in supervising large IT services contracts. Understanding and experience in managing government contracts is required as well as effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain excellent performance levels from technical support teams and deliver high levels of customer satisfaction with support provided is necessary. The PM should have expertise in managing performance, cost, schedule, and quality to meet or exceed requirements. Technically, the PM should have experience leading IT Operations and/or managing Service Desk Support efforts that resulted in increased operational efficiencies and/or cost savings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Scheduling and supervising contractor personnel;
* Continuously monitoring and managing resources adjusting staffing and assignments to mitigate impact of staffing shortages and communicating that impact to the Government in a timely fashion
* Ensuring work performed by contract personnel complies with existing customer Processes and Procedures and providing objective evidence of compliance as requested;
* Ensuring contract personnel are adequately trained in the tools, processes, procedures, and customer service best practices required to perform the services outlined in this PWS;
* Ensuring contractor personnel take all government-mandated training—tracking completion of training and reporting to government leadership;
* Providing input and guidance concerning support requirements related to new technologies introduced to customer environment that require support;
* Adjusting support procedures to new deployments of and changes/enhancements to systems—this includes documentation and training of new support procedures;
* Following customer policies and procedures for timely onboarding and off boarding of contract staff;
* Briefing customer leadership on daily, weekly, and/or monthly performance as requested;
* Delivering effective performance plans, performance reports and other deliverables accurately and on time
* Leading efforts and providing continuous guidance for continual and measurable improvements to existing service delivery and customer experience.
* Develop and maintain a project management plan and associated WBS, risk assessment, and resource planning
* Act as POC for coordinating the resolution of issues, concerns, and problems
* Identify and assign appropriate personnel for tasks
* Manage costs within budget parameters
* Ensure implementation of quality assurance principles
* Ensure resources follow policies and procedures to protect sensitive information
* Evaluate and modify on a regular basis approaches and processes for performing work under this task order including cost, service level and performance objectives in delivering quality products and services to customers, as well as use of standard processes to increase efficiency and consistency of work outputs
* Ensure enough numbers of qualified staff members are available to perform the duties of contract
* Coordinate with subcontractors and technical resources to facilitate service delivery
* Provide all deliverables to the Government Technical Manager/ Representative as specified in the contract
* Ensure compliance with Directives and Policies.
* Provide program and technical leadership in the operation and enhancement of customer systems.
* Participate in the customer meetings and provide technical input, guidance, and management expertise.
* Provide information to the customer on a weekly basis summarizing activity performed by the contract.
* When appropriate, attend coordination meetings at the request of the government.
* Ensure that all deliverables are provided on time, and within customers’ requirements.
* Provide overall coordination and management of staff
* Monitoring all budgets for assigned project(s) adjusting as necessary to meet corporate goals.
* Identify and timely hire appropriate staffing for all position openings in contract portfolio.
* Interact with customer stakeholders (government or other contractors) as company single point of contact for all issues regarding contract.
* Interact with corporate staff (contracts, project control, accounting, human resources, executives) to ensure awareness of all changes and pertinent issues related to contracts and staff resources in portfolio.
* Provide pricing support for contract when requested by the customer, in collaboration with members of the corporate PMO and executive team as needed.
* Responsible for on-time completion of administrative tasks related to contract. This includes but is not limited to timecards approvals, employee onboarding, status reporting to the corporation, employee reviews, etc.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a Technical Field or Business Administration desired
* 5 or more years of experience with USCG systems and/or aviation logistics systems
* 5 or more years of experience managing IT professionals
* 5 or more years of leadership experience as a program manager
* 3 or more recent years managing in project environments using ISO, CMMI, or similar quality process standards desired
* Project Management Professional (PMP) – desired
* ITIL v3 Foundations - desired
* Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
* US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf