Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Are you passionate about the future of food?
You've come to the right table. General Mills is reshaping the future of food, and we want bright, talented, fiercely curious people to help us get there. General Mills makes +100 consumer brands which can be found in +100 countries around the world, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more.
General Mills is seeking a Trade Planning Associate at our Bentonville, AR office that will provide analytical support/expertise to a region and customers.
* Effectively leverage trade & planning tools:
* Provide analysis to determine volume through Distribution, Shelving, and Merchandising & Pricing opportunities.
* Understand General Mills trade strategy & mechanics.
* Data gathering, analysis and interpretation of all trade spending to identify business opportunities.
* Analyze the business environment/competitive activities.
* Work with Op Units and the region team.
* Assist with the business development and planning process for the customer team:
* Understand General Mills products & categories.
* Identify & share best practices.
* Assist with volume forecasting:
* Understand the forecasting process.
* Provide analysis to inform the forecasting process.
* Leverage trade and planning tools to inform estimates.
* Understand the implication of the estimates & forecasts to the broader business strategy.
* Assist account representatives with the use of data:
* Analyze data to develop insights in a clear & concise manner.
* Provide support and guidance.
* Assist with the development of customer presentations.
* Gather ACNielsen, Channel Facts, consumer and customer data for local area/region as necessary.
* Support development of plans by defining opportunities, providing key information and preparing presentation materials.
* Conduct performance analysis against plan.
* Energize and develop others:
* Demonstrate agility when faced with change and challenge.
* Act as a buddy or mentor to another employee.
* Understand the performance management process and tools.
* Undergraduate degree required
* 1-2 years selling experience; direct account and retail involvement is strongly preferred
* Proven analytical skills, communication skills, computer proficiency, and experience working with syndicated data, such as Nielsen and IRI
* Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.