Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Provides professional and consultative support (i.e. professional advice, recommendations, evaluations, inspections, development, or hands-on assistance) to assure that safe work practices, procedures, and policies are in compliance with best practice, in addition to, all pertinent regulatory, accreditation, and licensure standards. Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Work closely with NMHC management, Corporate Health, Quality Strategies, and Human Resources to assure alignment and advance shared goals. Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates the continuous improvement of NMHC s occupational health and employee safety programs and initiatives. Coordinates collection, compilation and reporting data from resources within NMHC, as necessary, to effectively track metrics related to occupational health and employee safety. Maintains accurate documentation related to NMHC s occupational health and employee safety programs (i.e. accurate inventory management of all Material Safety Data Sheets, incident reports, training records, etc.). Promotes occupational health and employee safety activities by actively participating in various hospital committees, implementation teams, and other task force teams as assigned. Participates in regulatory processes, surveys, inspections as needed. Additional Functions: Maintaining confidentiality of employee and/or patient information. Keeps current on legislation, regulatory changes, code changes, maintains knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in areas of specialty. Sensitive to time and budget constraints. Other duties as assigned. AA/EOE
* Bachelor s degree in occupational health, environmental health, healthcare administration, healthcare management, or public health.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
* Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills, excellent oral and communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
* Certified Hospital Safety Professional (CHSP).
* Master s degree in Health Administration, Public health, Business preferred; required in place of work experience.
* Knowledge of Joint Commission, DOT, EPA, NFPA, and OSHA standards and codes.
* Knowledge or experience in performance improvement methodology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.