This job listing has expired and the position may no longer be open for hire.

ASSESSMENT CLINICIAN/INSTRUCTOR at Stonington Institute in Groton, Connecticut

Posted in Other 30+ days ago.

This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange

Type: Full Time

Job Description:

Stonington Institute, a division of one of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), has an immediate opening for an Assessment Clinician/Instructor. UHS is a Fortune 500 corporation and in 2017 was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune.

Stonington Institute is committed to providing quality substance abuse treatment options for adults in Southeastern Connecticut and surrounding areas. We offer medical detox as well as residential addictions treatment for active duty and retired military service members in our North Stonington location. Our clinic in Groton, CT, offers partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment, and is conveniently located across the street from The Inn at Trails Corner, a new 180 bed dormitory-style sober community for adult men and women who attend our outpatient day treatment programs. The Inn offers overnight accommodations, full-meal service, indoor/outdoor recreation options, a workout room, and computer center for all clients.

We accept private insurance, state-funded plans and self-pay arrangements. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet.

The Assessment Clinician/Instructor is responsible for intake bio/psycho/social assessments including assessment of problem/symptom severity, assessment of psychiatric status, assessment of the appropriateness of level of care; discharge needs assessments, recommendations for primary clinician assignments, and assistance with client orientation. In addition the Assessment Clinician/Instructor is responsible for facilitating psycho-educational groups as scheduled in the PHP/IOP programs and developing the curriculum for same, based on program needs and Instructor specialty.

Job Requirements

Master s Degree from an Accredited School of Social Work or Counseling. CADC accreditation or independent license preferred. One-year substance abuse counseling experience preferred.