Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means You re ready to inspire and be inspired! You re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we re looking for: The Traffic Videojournalist is responsible for anchoring and reporting for an assigned newscast. This person will research, enterprise, develop, write and edit stories on deadline for recorded or live newscasts. Contributes to special features and stories as well as participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
The Traffic Videojournalist will provide traffic & transit reports for all five boroughs every 30 minutes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Deliver newscasts and news reports in an engaging manner with evaluation based poise; voice quality which is authoritative, credible, and conversational
* Pitch, enterprise, create and deliver local, original and creative news stories using beat sources, community contacts and leads
* Build contacts and sources within the local community and establish a community presence outside of the newscasts
* Write own news copy for an assigned newscast or news series
* Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively
* Work independently and with assignment desk editors or production staff in the newsgathering process
* Research and analyze material through interview, observation and determine angle or emphasis and write stories accordingly
* Works with or without a Photojournalist to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
* Responsible for representing channel in a professional manner
* Engage with the community in public appearances
* Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production
* Strategically engage in social media
* Fill-in Anchor for other newscasts outside regularly assigned schedule
* Engage as a newsroom leader
* Responsible for field reporting when not anchoring
* May lead projects or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives; act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
* Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others
* Strong story development skills to submit original story ideas on a daily basis
* Excellent news judgment
* Live shot experience required
* Must be able to develop sources, work a beat, and break stories
* Must have strong on-camera skills with the ability to read narration effectively
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
* Ability to interface with internal company personnel
* Ad-lib capability and ability to handle breaking news on-air
* Must have editing skills
* Must be familiar with shooting video and using still photos to illustrate stories
* Must be adept at social media
* Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
* Emphasis on reporting skills and anchoring skills
* Must be willing and able to drive a company vehicle to and from assigned location while obeying all traffic laws
* Must obtain and maintain a valid driver s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
* Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to \\"breaking news\\" and severe weather emergencies. Willing and able to work weekends and holidays
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
* 3+ years of Television News Anchoring experience
* 5+ years of Television News Reporting experience
* Experience working in a 24 hour news channel preferred
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
* Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.