Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Cost Analyst role supports the Machine Automation Solutions business at Emerson’s Automation Solutions platform. The role includes financial accounting and reporting process enhancements as well as partnering with various functional teams to ensure adequate planning and analysis.
As the Cost Analyst Co-Op, you will:
• Collaborate and lead planning and reporting cycles for Transaction Services Agreement (TSA) including monthly accounting and analysis
• Be responsible for monthly reporting and forecasting activities as assigned in partnership with operations and finance colleagues
• Help drive the FP&A process and rigor to drive timely, accurate and value-add analytics
• Support leadership team in preparation of budgets and operating plans
• Support financial reporting on all aspects of business on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Maintain processes and drive enhancements for reporting and analyzing operating results
• Provide support for key initiatives & business investment activities.
University junior or higher including recent graduate in a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance field from an accredited college or university
• Process oriented and strong data management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment
• Works well with ambiguity and in matrix environment
• Financial modeling and data management experience
• Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Established analytical and reporting ability
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration and leadership skills
• Demonstrate high integrity and ethics in all activities
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.