Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems is seeking an junior Software Engineer with C/C++/Java skills who is energetic, creative and team oriented to work on network management software and networking SATCOM products used in secure communications networks. The individual will be part of an engineering team that develops server-side software using latest toolchains from Atlassian in an agile software development environment. The position is based in our Gaithersburg, Maryland office. Hughes is revolutionizing the way communications systems are designed and built. Hughes has been selected to participate in the cutting-edge development of a new communications network leveraging existing Hughes expertise combined with a new state-of-the-art network design. Join us to become part of the driving force in satellite communications bringing your unique set of skills and experience applied to our fast paced agile development project.
* Software design, development, integration and support activities
* Actively participate in software development and automated unit testing
* Complete development tasks within agreed timebox
* Analyze and resolve software issues
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* 1 to 3 years of software development experience in C/C++/Java and automated unit testing
* 1 to 3 years of experience with scripting languages Python/Shell, source control systems (e.g. GIT, ClearCase)
* Candidate must be a US Citizen
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Highly proficient in C/C++/Java programming
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in Multi-threaded application development and inter-process communication
* Networking software development (protocols, messaging libraries, socket programming etc.)
* Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team environment
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Experience of agile development methodology, especially Scrum and Atlassian tools like Jira
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.