Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* Direct report to VP of Operational Finance
* Supporting Canadian Business Unit
* Managerial financial reporting, GAAP reporting/compliance, and financial controls
* Grand Rapids, Michigan HQ
Provides financial insight and decision support for the Canadian Business Unit President and his/her leadership team on all financial and operational matters. Assists in the development of business goals and objectives for the Canadian Business Unit and its underlying divisions, monitors all key business indicators, and proactively evaluates and identifies opportunities for performance improvement. It will also include oversight and management for annual forecasts and budgets, capital planning, long-range planning, ongoing financial reporting and staff development.
This position reports to the VP of Operational Finance. Interfaces and collaborates with financial teams and the North American Shared Services group to ensure that both the business needs are being met and that the business unit is consistently complying with the financial policies and guidelines of the organization.
* Provides financial leadership, support and guidance to the business unit leadership team.
* Directs the Business Intelligence team and ensures that critical information is made available to the business in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
* Directs the Credit Group for Business Unit customer base ensuring the adequacy of the credit reporting and evaluation of creditworthiness
* Ensures that the appropriateness and integrity of all business unit management reports.
* Reviews, reports and provides insight into the financial performance of the Business Unit.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and retains staff. Conducts performance monitoring of staff, initiates follow through with disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human Resources when appropriate for the department. Mentors, motivates, and develops staff. Serves as a role model.
* Provides vision and leadership to teams. Responsible for helping develop skills and abilities of employees.
* Oversees the preparation of the annual operating plan, trend analysis, customer profitability evaluation, and cost containment proposals for operational functions for the Business Unit segment.
* Assists Finance Leadership in setting departmental vision, strategies, action plans and measurable objectives for the finance organization relating to Business Unit.
* Assist the Senior Leadership Team in preparing for Long Range Planning (LRP) including, but not limited to documenting SWOT analysis, assumptions, capital requirements, strategies and action plans.
* Responsible for leading the field finance teams across the Business Unit.
* Acts as a liaison between the business unit and the (NAFSS) Shared Services Group and ensures compliance with all North American and business unit policies and guidelines.
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related discipline required; Master's preferred
* 10+ years accounting experience
* 5 years of previous leadership and managerial experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Leader of Finance or Accounting at a corporate or business unit level in large private or public company environment.
* Deep knowledge of financial systems, processing and interactions.
* Exposure to SAP or other tier one ERP systems.
* Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, e-mail, Internet.
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.