Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
Work with the CMIO, Physician Informaticists, and MedicalnInformatics Team Manager to directly support clinical decision support (CDS) application areas in the electronic health system by building BPAs and Health Maintenance, and carry out the implementation application buildnand/or analytics related to: clinical decision support tools (alerts, healthnmaintenance, refill protocols, preference lists, order sets, scoring and CERnrules), reporting tools (reporting workbench and dashboards), regulatorynprograms, clinical quality measures, and/or population health efforts.
Major responsibilities include overseeing medicalninformatics IT project lifecycle processes related to the EHR includingntranslating requests from clinical leadership, developing clinical workflows,ndirectly implementing or working with builders to implement solutions,ndeveloping reports and feedback mechanisms on implementation, and monitoringnand analyzing performance.
The incumbent will work proactively, identifying andnresolving issues in coordination with colleagues in order to provide timelynresolution to projects/assignments. Thenincumbent will be a self-starter who does not need explicit instruction beforenidentifying and problem and engaging in the solution.
- Bachelor's degree highly desired or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience either (1) buildingn in Epic or (2) as a data analyst
- Epicn Certification in any of the following: EpicCare Ambulatory, Inpatientn ClinDoc, Inpatient Orders, Clarity Data Model
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal skills and technical writing skills
- Expert usage of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint,n Visio)
- Excellent communication skills as related to strategy, schedules,n tasks, deliverables, risks, and issues
- Expert understanding of software development and infrastructuren project lifecycles
- Strong sense of self-motivation
- Master's degree (MHA, MPH, MBA, or MS in Computer Science) orn clinical license (MD, RN, NP, etc.)
- 5+ years advanced experience in the health industry as a SQLn developer or Epic builder
- Demonstrated experience in health policy analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with two or more of the following:n Meaningful Use, Accountable Care Organizations, value-based purchasing,n pay for performance, clinical content, clinical decision support, clinicaln quality
- STATA, SAS, and/or SPSS programming skills
- Experience working withnvarious stakeholders in an academic health institution
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.