Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN SCHEDULE (HOURS VARY)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full-time and part-time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is a full service acute care hospital specializing in cardiovascular and orthopedic services. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the largest in the Methodist Healthcare network of hospitals and takes a team approach to providing excellent care for its patients. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency and is currently undergoing a significant expansion to better serve our community.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. Methodist Texsan was also the first Methodist hospital to receive certification from the Joint Commission in Hip and Knee Replacement and the HeartCare Center Distinction of Excellence from the American College of Cardiology. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses recognized the Intensive Care Unit at Methodist Texsan Hospital with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence, one of only a few units in Texas to receive this award. The hospital has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. For more information on how to join this amazing place to work, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
Seeking an ED Critical Care Technician I with military healthcare training to join our team and be a part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The ED Critical Care Technician I performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowled geable of and follows all Hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Consistently maintains adequate stocking and restocking to PAR levels of patient care supplies and equipment kept in the department.
* As delegated, sets up for Emergency Department procedures and assists the RN as directed.
* As delegated by the RN, operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12 lead EKGs, biomarkers and glucometer readings.
* Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered and inserts saline lock, foley catheter and nasal gastric tubes under the direction of the RN.
* Assist in patient care, obtains and documents vital signs, provides patient hygiene, maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, families and the healthcare team.
* Transports patients to radiology and nursing units utilizing appropriate transport and monitoring equipment.
* High School Graduate or equivalent
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* 10 weeks of basic combat training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* CPR, ACLS, PALS (within 6 months of hire), ED Safe (within 90 days of hire)
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.