Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Looking for a role to utilize your past ED, ICU or House Supervisor experience that goes beyond the bedside?
Consider a role at the Transfer Center!
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. it includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley medical Center. Wesley medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Woodlawn ER and Wesley Derby ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
HCA's Patient Contact Center offers a variety of patient transport services and the only transport specialty teams with the ability to provide high risk obstetrical, neonatal and critical care pediatric patient transport into the HCA, Continental Division hospital system. Serving patients throughout Kansas, HCA offers comprehensive health solutions--including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach--at its hospitals and other freestanding facilities. At the HCA Transfer Center, we assist in transporting patients by ground, helicopter and fixed wing. We also provide daily, 24-hour access to the transport teams for Inner Facility Transfers, Physician Office Direct Admissions and Emergency Transport for injured and critically ill patients. This unique service simplifies the process of getting a patient transferred to the right hospital, to the right specialists, at the right time by utilizing the latest telecommunications technology. The Transfer Center is staffed by registered nurses and EMT/paramedics who will assist in arranging the transport logistics.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for assisting patient-care providers in accessing HCA's Emergency Departments and in-patient facilities, for urgent patient evaluation and/or admission and facilitate the patient transfer process, providing 24-hour services, 7 days per week.
Expedites consultation between referring patient-care providers and receiving physicians. Facilitates all communications with providers, staff and transporting agencies.
Facilitates continuity of the interdisciplinary plan of care by providing Utilization services, as needed, and will promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
Acts as a customer-service representative, taking appropriate steps to meet the needs of the callers as well as improve relations with referring providers, interacting with multiple departments and agencies, in order to ensure quality care to patients. Assists with patient triage, interacting with other call center staff. Performs other duties as assigned, consistent with the goals and scope of the department.
II. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Current RN license to practice in the state of Kansas.
* BSN preferred.
* Graduate from accredited school of Nursing.
* Must maintain BLS certification.
* Minimum of 3 years RN experience preferred, with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
* Previous experience in ED/ Critical Care, Charge Nurse/ House Supervisor, Educator and Case Management helpful.
* Must be familiar with basic hospital transfer and admission process.
* Call Center/ Transfer Center experience preferred.
* 12-hour shifts, rotating weekdays/ weekends, days/ nights, as needed for coverage.
* Possible on-call shifts, weekends, nights.
* Manages all inbound and outbound calls supported by the Transfer Center, identify patient needs and takes appropriate action according to established department policies/ procedures., including but not limited to requests for physician consultation and patient transfer.
* Facilitates communication between patient-care providers and all necessary staff at referring and receiving facilities.
* Communicates with multiple departments and agencies in order to ensure quality care to patients, including but not limited to communications related to facility capabilities, bed availability and assignment, urgent patient-care needs, patient transportation, report to receiving unit, insurance pre-authorization for transfer/admission, providing feedback to multiple customers, obtaining clinic appointments for patients, ensuring transfer of documents and medical records between facilities
* Collaborates with physicians, Patient Access Coordinators, Case Managers, Administrators, Bed Manager and Hospital Supervisors to prioritize patient needs and facilitate transfer.
* Facilitates insurance pre-authorization, as defined by department policies/ procedures.
* Maintains accurate and timely documentation, relating to all calls; assists in maintaining database.
* Follows up with referring and receiving providers, to gather feedback and ensure a seamless process.
* Promotes customer service attitude and builds working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Supervises, educates and supports non-licensed staff. Acts as a resource in decision-making process.
* Assists with quality assurance, process improvement and other department projects necessary to department's function.
* Actively participates in outreach and marketing, developing and presenting educational materials and visiting other facilities.
* Escalates issues and communicates appropriately with Director, as appropriate.
* Escalates concerns and communicates with hospital administrator on-call, as outlined in department policies/ procedures.
* Evaluates new admissions for medical necessity using approved criteria through the utilization of the electronic T system, application of the criteria for medical necessity determination and appropriateness of level of care.
* Consults with ED Physicians/Admitting physicians and facility Physician Advisors on patient admission status.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.