Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Camp & Family Experience Director is responsible for providing Cause-Driven management and operations focused around Family Experience and Summer Camp Product. The Director will also play a role in site operations, annual support campaign, associate development, and general center leadership. Day to day operations include associate supervision, fiscal control, program development, program area facility management/maintenance, program optimization and fulfillment, and volunteer development. The Director is also responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and leading their associate team in superior levels of member service and engagement.
· In coordination with Camp Product Leadership: plan, develop, and execute Summer Camp within Association guidelines and Strategic Plan
· Develop, grow, and execute Core Programs/Services as directed by Association guidelines and Strategic Plan
· Plan, develop, and execute Family Programs/Activities within Association guidelines and Strategic Plan
· Focus on quality experiences and engagement within programs, services, and activities
· Recruit, hire, train, lead, and coach talented program associates and volunteers in all areas of responsibility
· Create opportunities for Family Members to form small communities and build meaningful relationships; targeted to drive member retention and engagement
· Foster an environment that is positive and motivating to families, children, and peers.
· Exceed revenue goals and work within assigned expense budget in all areas of responsibility and participate in the budget process as assigned
· Maintain high quality standards adhering to or surpassing state licensing where applicable, and care and maintenance of program facility and equipment
· Effectively coordinate facility usage for assigned programs and activities
· Plan, develop, direct and monitor an effective system of communication with program and management associates regarding progress, plans and problems
· Provide leadership and support for center management team, annual support campaign, and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
· Develop, produce and distribute program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with center and/or Association marketing plans.
· Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development and participant/member feedback.
· Implement Association best practices and policies as it relates to operations including purchasing, payroll, reporting, business management, record keeping
· Participate in successful annual support campaign and provide leadership to associate giving and engagement
· Attend and actively participate in all meetings as assigned
· Incorporate the four character values of the YMCA: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and adhere to the YCM Code of Conduct
· Communicate the Y mission and objectives to the community.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Assist in all other areas as assigned.
The Camp & Family Experience Director will meet the qualifications set forth by the Y in Central Maryland. Staff shall be of good character and reputation; capable of carrying out assigned responsibilities; capable of accepting training and supervision; and capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing as applicable to the job responsibility. Minimum qualifications include:
A Bachelors Degree in a child related field or Sports Management/ Recreation/Health Sciences is preferred
1. Will be required to walk, stand, kneel, stoop, push, and lift up to 100 pounds.
2. While performing duties the employee may occasionally work in the outside weather conditions, and is exposed to wet, cold and /or humid conditions.
3. Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking.
4. Will be exposed to cleaning supplies.
5. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
6. Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications.