Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Purpose: Installs, calibrates, maintains, repairs, and replaces a wide variety of monitoring and control instruments as well as directing and training instrumentation helpers to do the same.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
* Installs, maintains and operates all instruments and measuring devices needed for functional systems.
* Interprets sketches showing location of wiring and equipment.
* Follows diagrams or blueprints to ensure that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
* Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provides access for future maintenance, and avoids unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring.
* Assembles and installs electrical conduit. Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment. Installs controls and distribution apparatus (i.e. switches, relays, circuitbreakers, tubing).
* Read building plans or blue prints and make decisions based on measurable criteria.
* Lift, position and fasten objects such as wiring, conduit and motors
* Maintain tools and equipment and keep supplies and parts in order.
* Conduct periodic inspections to make sure that systems function within specified standards.
* Disassemble defective electrical equipment such as motors using hand tools.
* Visualizes objects in threedimensions from plans and drawings.
* Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
* Follow oral and written directions.
* Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
* Five (5) years minimum Field experience in trade.
* Able work with pneumatic and electronic instrumentation and work under local safety codes.
* Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
* Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
* Stand or walk for long periods of time
* Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
* Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
* Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
* Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
* See well (naturally or with correction)
* Eyehand coordination
* Good physical fitness
* Good sense of balance
* Work at great heights
* 25' Tape Measure
* Tubing cutter (1/8" to 5"8")
* Tube bender (1/4", 3/8" O.D.)
* Flaring tool (3/16" to 3/8")
* Combination Wrenches (to 1")
* 12" Adjustable Wrench
* Allen wrenches (to 1/2")
* Knockout punch set (1/2" to 1/4"
* Plum Bobs with 50' line
* Chalk line
* Ball peen hammer
* Center punch
* Multijoint pliers
* Lineman's side cutters
* Needle nose pliers
* Screwdriver (1/mflat head, 1/m Phillips head)
* Hack saw
* Torpedo Level (pocket)
* Tool punch and belt
* Tool Box with Lock
* Rain coat or poncho
* Steel toed work boots
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to leadbased paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a preemployment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA) Lauren Engineers & Constructors