Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Are you our next Distribution Center Leader*
As the DC Manager, you will ensure quality customer service to internal and external customers, manage and improve productivity, manage and control operational costs, manage and reduce safety incidents, provide training, coaching and counseling to associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide overall leadership to the DC, which includes coaching, performance reviews, employee development plans, communications of strategies and tactics, setting expectations, and maintaining a positive and collaborative culture built on employee respect
* Maintain a safe and secure work environment
* Maintain a customer service-oriented organization
* Maintain effective training curriculum for all DC positions
* Implement and maintain effective cross training for appropriate DC associates
* Implement and perform to Vallen s standardized operating metrics (KOLPI s Key Operating Logistics Performance Indicators)
* DC Response Rate
* Same Day Shipping
* External Accuracy
* Lines Shipped Per Man Hour
* Cost Per Line
* Cycle Count Accuracy
* Implement and sustain efficient and effective processes through the utilization of Lean tools and concepts
* Implement and sustain a visually managed workplace
* Support sales growth through excellent customer service and providing supply chain solutions
* 7+ years of experience being having complete accountability for managing a large Distribution Center (specifically pick, pack and ship operations)
* Must have strong personnel management experience
* Experience using Warehouse Management Systems
* Knowledge of LEAN principles or other process improvement methodologies
* P&L management experience desired
* Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Bachelor s degree is required.
* Experience with Lean is highly desirable
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits*
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.