Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Women's Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Timpanogos Regional Hospital provides compassionate, collaborative care to residents of Utah County, and has done so for the past 20 years. The facility contains 122 hospital beds and more than 700 employees and volunteers. With a culture for caring and a track record of excellence in patient care, Timpanogos Regional offers a full-spectrum of services, including a Level III NICU, a newly refurbished women's center, an orthopedic program that has received a No. 1 ranking in Utah for the past seven years, a 24/7 Emergency Department, top-quality cardiovascular care, and much more.
We offer you a competitive salary and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
Timpanogos Regional is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Timpanogos Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Located in Orem, Utah, Timpanogos Regional is surrounded by family-friendly attractions, thrilling outdoor adventures and cheerful community members. In 2017, TIME.com ranked Orem among the top 100 cities to live in because it's safe, affordable and friendly.
LACTATION CONSULTANT: PRN SHIFTS
This position is responsible for implementing and assisting with the initiation and maintenance of lactation (including breast pumping, breast feeding techniques and breast milk production and storage) in the Nursery, NICU and other areas as assigned under the direction of the Director of Nursery/NICU. Also responsible for organizing and upgrading lactation knowledge and skills in the medical and nursing staff and helping with patient education. Participates in performance improvement activities.
* Develop and update new line of service of service for lactation. Develop and maintain hospital policies and procedures related to lactation and breast feeding.
* Implements primary assessments in accordance with neonatology and/or physician consults on mothers and infants at risk for lactation difficulties and uses appropriate documentation and programs.
* Responsible for adequate measures of intake and makes recommendations for appropriate interventions for identified problems in conjunction with optimal nutrition guidelines.
* Monitors progress of high risk population and develops programs to serve the needs of said population.
* Assist postpartum mothers with initiating breast feeding and pumping as needed, including collection, storage and labeling.
* Supervises certified lactation specialists and lactation committee to develop tools and skills needed to assist mothers with breast feeding in individualized sessions.
* Assist with the training and education of staff on lactation assessment skills and interventions in accordance with updated research.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
* Current State of Utah Registered Nurse license.
* Current BLS certification (available after hire).
* Current certification as a lactation consultant or IBCLC preferred. Must obtain lactation or IBCLC certification within 1 year from date of hire and maintain certification.
* One or more years of recent NICU/Nursery experience and/or experience educating patients and staff regarding lactation preferred.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English.
* Good verbal and written skills required.
* Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status