Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Logistics Material Handler Level 1 (Material Handler)
* Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods which comply with all Food Safety, Quality and regulatory requirements.
* Understands and supports The J.M. Smucker, Longmont Safety Program policies and performs work-related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe work conditions and suggests new safety standards as appropriate.
* Ensures timely loading and unloading of all materials on a forklift, based on schedule.
* Coordinates storage and handling of all materials and finished goods within allowable space.
* Ensures proper receipt of inbound materials including tagging, data input, and deposit.
* Ensures carrier inspections are conducted and documented.
* Supports material release/hold system.
* Supports material systems (i.e., WMS etc.).
* Has capability to perform shipping, receiving, and general warehouse tasks in both ambient and frozen temperatures.
* Helps coordinate sustainability load outs.
* Submits improvements for work processes.
* Follows safety protocols around warehouse and forklift safety.
* Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards for assigned area.
* Performs line delivery when needed to ensure that operating lines are fully stocked.
* Has and maintains a safe forklift driving record.
* Maintains an assigned sanitation schedule.
* Supports plant and department work systems.
* Provides accurate data entry and feedback reference supplier and carrier delivery performance.
* Is WMS proficient and act as a resource for others
* Is qualified and active in key element/functional lead program
* Understands staging loads and demonstrates ability to perform this task
* Other duties as assigned
* High-school degree or equivalent is required
* A two-year degree or technical degree is preferred
* Internal candidates must be in good standing
* Prior forklift experience/certification is required
* Prior training on dock equipment (truck restraints, chocks, trailer stands, dock levelers, doors, etc.) preferred
* Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback
* Strong attention to detail
* Able to work 12-hour rotating shifts and overtime as needed
* Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed
* Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and general instructions
* Able to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions
* Able to set and meet goals
* Able to work both independently and on a team
* Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements
* Able to make data-driven decisions and engage others as appropriate
* Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office
* Able to learn company specific computer systems
* Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices
* Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, and climb
* Have the ability to regularly work in a frozen warehouse (-10 degrees) as a large portion of the shift primary work location
* Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
* Hear, speak, and see.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.