Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jefferson, Georgia
About the Position
This assignment will be responsible for, but not limited to, functions pertaining to the day-to-day operations of the facility including the overseeing and management of the following areas such as KPI achievement, inventory integrity, continuous improvement and employee development of direct reports within the scope of their operational responsibilities. This is accomplished by following all standard operating procedures, standard work and work instructions as well as customer provided documentation. Responsible for budgeting and financial results for areas of responsibility.
• Ensures all warehouse personnel comply with standard operating procedures, personnel policies and workload demands
• Meets daily with Supervisors, Foreman and/or Leads to ensure daily productivity goals are met or exceeded
• Implementation of special projects as assigned that impact warehouse operations for both the site and the network
• Analysis of operations on a continuing basis to make necessary improvements to ensure cross functional operating efficiencies in the warehouse. Analyzes throughput information, capacity planning and financial information
• Responsible for assisting with the Kenco site budget process, and help to ensure net income is maximized through proper management of controllable costs, identifying and communicating any differences impacting this metric
• Plans, develops, and implements organizational policies and goals. Supports and works closely with safety, human resources, and engineering to promote productivity improvement programs. Ensures implementation of network best practices in the facility
• Knowledge of every facet of the operation; must strive to constantly develop staff to ensure capable management succession
• Manages customer inventory, utilizing sound security policies and procedures consistent with good accounting and distribution practices
• Reviews activity, operating, and financial reports to determine changes in programs or operations, as required
• Motivate, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinates
• Take corrective action in a constructive manner with employees who cause issues in the workplace
• Hires and downsizes staff, as needed
• Maintains daily department productivity and EIP/LM statistics
• Ensures the site’s commitment to Kenco Operating System (KOS).
• Continuous focus on fostering a safe work environment
• Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
• Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the General Manager
• Bachelor degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of five years of experience in warehousing, distribution, or related required. Minimum of three years leadership experience