Posted in Accounting 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for defining requirements, developing and supporting EPM/business intelligence for finance related subject areas. Develops conceptual data models. Designs, builds and tests reports and analytics for EPM and Business Intelligence programs. Works cross functionally to collect data and make actionable recommendations at all levels. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what' s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Analyzes and revises existing system difficulties and documentation, as necessary.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- Review enhancement requests including gathering facts, analyzing data, and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost and time. Recommends course of action.
- Supports end to end performance testing. Supports business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements.
- Works within the project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner. Raises issues expediently that could impede the project specifications or timelines.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Working knowledge of OBIEE, Essbase, HFM, Planning and/or ARM
- Working knowledge of an ETL tool (Informatica, Apteryx, Lava storm, etc.)
- Basic SQL skills
Education Level - Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Information Sciences, Technology or Computer Science and Finance or Accounting preferred
Years of Experience-Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer