Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Elizabeth City, North Carolina
CWS is seeking a candidate to provide business analyst support for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Aviation Logistics Center – Logistics Support System (ALC-LSS), Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS), Account Management and Help Desk Support. This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's applications and enterprise systems.
The ideal candidate evaluates business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies. Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems. Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings. Performing requirements analysis. Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management. Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports. Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff. Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff. Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency. Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements. Performing user acceptance testing. Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance. Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures. Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements. Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users. Managing competing resources and priorities.
The candidate possesses problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Detail-oriented individual, capable of consistently meeting project and schedule deadlines. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in working with various team within the IT support structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Assembles, prepares, and analyzes data for studies, statistical models, evaluations, system requirements, and other needs. Uses technical discretion within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for determining approaches or obtaining solutions.
* Provides technical advice and operating assistance in interpreting results.
* Provides input or may prepare technical reports based on the expert interpretation of results
* Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
* Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
* Measures performance against process requirements.
* Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
* Provides consultation on using re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
* May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control.
* Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
* Communicates team progress.
* Performs cost and benefit analyses.
* Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
* Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or at minimum A.A./A.S. in a related field or IT certification
* One (1) years of experience in providing support in a related field.
* Relevant commercial certifications are desired.
* ITIL v3 Foundations – desired
* Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
* US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf