Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
***This Job posting is only for HCA Employees***
This StaRN NICU Transition Program provides a comprehensive blended program that bridges the nursing practice gap for experienced medical surgical RNs transitioning into the NICU specialty.
PROGRAM STARTS: NOVEMBER 11, 2019
Attendance is imperative and all days are required to remain in the program. No days can be missed.
The program is facilitated by HealthTrust (part of the HCA family)
16‐WEEK TRAINING FOR EXPERIENCED MEDICAL SURGICAL RNS
* Five (5) weeks of interactive classroom discussions, case studies, hands‐on skills training, and simulations with experienced StaRN instructors
* Eleven (11) weeks of unit‐based clinical preceptorship
INTERACTIVE CLASSROOM LECTURES/DISCUSSIONS
* Curriculum based on evidence‐based practice, National Standards and HCA Clinical
* Standards of Excellence
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Certification
* ECG Interpretation
* Meditech and CPN (EHR) hands‐on training
* NICU medication management
* TeamSTEPPS(R) training
* AIDET, SBAR, Patient Experience, and more
AWONNN NEONATAL ORIENTATION EDUCATION PROGRAM (NOEP) CORE CURRICULUM
* Online lessons covering a wide range of topics relevant to NICU nursing
HANDS‐ON NICU SKILLS TRAINING, THAT INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* APGAR Score
* ETT suctioning and ABG interpretation
* Newborn assessment
* IV and phlebotomy for the neonate
* Neonatal critical care medication management
* Ventilator Management
* Syringe pump, feeding tube insertion and management
FIVE DAYS OF HIGH-FIDELITY SIMULATION
* NICU ‐ specific scenarios
* Comprehensive facilitated video debriefing
HCA HOUSTON HEALTHCARE SOUTHEAST
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, HCA HOUSTON HEALTHCARE SOUTHEAST offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 314-BED facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
* 2 + Plus years of current RN experience in a non-critical care floor nursing.
* Eligible to transfer per policy:
* 6 months in current position
* No write ups in the last 6 months
* ADN NURSES WILL NEED TO COMMIT TO ATTAINING A BSN WITHIN 2 YEARS
If you meet the above qualifications a recruiter will reach out to you for further prescreening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.