Posted in Accounting 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Analyst 2 will be a part of the Care Finance team supporting Customer
Care Operations and works closely with Workforce Management. This role
is expected to proactively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety
of financial and business partners to prepare financial forecasts that are in
sync with organizational expectations. Responsible for preparing and
analyzing financial reports, trends, risks, and opportunities. Works with
moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. Supports month-end financial
close including accruals, monthly financial forecast and annual budgeting
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Approves transactions, evaluates opportunities, and makes
recommendations regarding project progress and future business
- Analyzes and tracks key financial metrics and operational procedures
to foster process improvements.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific
projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial
- Participates with the preparation of month and year-end processes by
reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial
trends, and making recommendations for accruals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Self-starter and someone who is eager to learn and grow
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Demonstrates collaborative mindset; proactively communicates
- Financial modeling, forecasting & analysis and budgeting
- Accounting/Accruals/Month end close
- Risk and Trend analysis
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer