Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Join an award-winning team! Our community won the the prestigious 2018 \\"Bronze\\" award through the American Health Care Association for quality care of our residents. We are one of only a small handful of care centers in the entire state of Oregon to enjoy this award and designation!
On a beautiful campus overlooking the Willamette River, our Homewood Heights Assisted Living Community offers you the opportunity to live in a private apartment surrounded by your own personal belongings and treasures. We have staff committed to long-term relationships that provide thoughtful and competent care customized for our resident's needs.
Questions? Contact HomewoodHeightsED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::::
Responsible for coordinating, directing, planning and conducting the life enrichment and resident activity programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implements a creative life enrichment program based on the Celebrations philosophy of
* Plans and implements life enrichment calendar and newsletter each month that utilizes
Celebrations wellness programming including five of the six areas of wellness.
* Collaborates with Community Relations Director, Wellness Coach and Executive Director in development of calendar to include special events and themes for residents, family, friends, and prospects utilizing Celebrations focus plan.
* Coordinates transportation of residents and operates van or bus to transport residents to and from events, appointments, and programs as needed by the Community.
* Implements Linked Senior technology into the daily programming and encourages resident independent usage.
* Develops person-centered programming by assisting in the completion of Celebrations documents and programs.
* Partners with Expressions Director to create and lead monthly programming for the Expressions neighborhood utilizing Expressions focus plan.
* Maintains life enrichment budget, equipment, and supplies.
* Participates in the review of individual Residents Service Plans and documents life enrichment progress every six months or when there is a significant change in the resident.
* Trains staff on the importance of life enrichment, Linked Senior devices and other areas that create engagement and quality of life for residents.
* Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers.
* Participates in discharge planning with other members of the management team.
* Develops community resources and contacts to enhance the quality of life for residents.
* Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Valid commercial Class B driver s license (CDL) as required by local, state and federal law and
regulations. Must be able to meet insurance qualifications to operate company vehicles including
passenger vans and bus. Previous experience transporting residents preferred. One or more years of
direct programming experience with older adults is preferred.
Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university preferred majoring in Recreation, Music, or
Occupational Therapy with two or more years of direct programming experience with older adults
preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both verbal and written with personnel at all levels of
the organization, with residents and their families, and with members of the community. Ability to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
Ability to maintain basic financial records of expenditures of the department. Able to understand
budgets. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to accurately assess, trouble-shoot, and problem-solve to meet the needs of the buildings staff,
develop training for staffing needs, and evaluate results. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Works directly with residents in an Assisted Living Community. Potential for exposure to blood and