Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
JFK Medical Center North Campus
West Palm Beach, FL
One family. Same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services. West Palm Hospital is now JFK Medical Center North Campus, an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family. By expanding our footprint, we are proud to offer you the best in comprehensive services and care.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years' experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
The hospital employs over 600 full and part-time employees and over 900 members on its medical staff. With our top-notch specialists, state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled and compassionate caring staff, we are committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences and positive medical outcomes.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds designation as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. JFK North Campus is proud to be named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees' commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK Medical Center North Campus is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
* Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
* Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
* Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
* Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
* Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
* Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
* Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
* Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
* Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
* Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
* Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.