Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: West Plains, Missouri
Responsible for the verification of all files that are submitted to Patient Accounts for billing purposes. Gathers information that might be omitted from patient record. Verifies that the correct charge amount is billed to the flight.
* Examines the patient record and uses available resources to gather the missing information.
* Contacts appropriate insurance company to verify insurance coverage, eligibility, benefits, and any other pertinent information required for billing.
* Calls hospitals for discharge dates, and attempts to gather insurance information.
* Verifies the correct charged amount is billed to the flight.
* Verifies all programs utilized have the correct billing information and is updated when changes are made.
* Ensures all files are distributed to the floor in a timely manner.
* Ensures files are equally distributed to all patient accounts representatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to analyze and solve problems
* Ability to read, sort, check, count and verify numbers
* Ability to prepare routine administrative work
* Records maintenance skills
* One year or more experience in medical billing
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TIME TYPE (PORTAL SEARCHING)