Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fremont, Nebraska
Oversee and operate the manufacturing areas in the most efficient manner possible. Follow all standard operating procedures and safety programs. Satisfy both internal and external customers. Work in a safe, quality, and efficient manner consistent with company rules and regulations.
• Distribute the workload evenly among employees.
• Resolve any problems/situations that occur, or direct them to the proper department.
• Monitor the status of your shift at all times.
• Set priorities for what must be done to meet timelines of customer’s needs.
• Operate shift as efficient as possible. Prepare daily and month-end manufacturing reports.
• Complete daily documentation of manufacturing totals and mixing record ledger sequence sheet. • • •
• Organize job assignments to ensure efficient operation of all shifts.
• Communicate needs of employees with management.
• Review and monitor inventories of production supplies and ingredients.
• Conduct interviews and participate in new hire orientations.
• Schedule manufacturing when required.
• Investigate questionable mixes and notify Quality Assurance Department when needed.
• Maintain good housekeeping throughout shift and prepare manufacturing area for the next shift.
• Provide coaching development, training and management support to employees within the facilities such that goals of the organization are achieved.
• Plan and implement processes to create a safe work environment and effective use of the work force and achieve production goals.
• Assist in management of all aspects of State/Federal Regulatory and Cargill compliance programs including: EH&S, Inventory Control, Warehousing, Security, Housekeeping, Food Safety, etc.
• Assign overtime as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 4+ years manufacturing experience, preferably in the feed industry.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required.
• Lifting up to 60lbs. is required to carry out many job functions. Bending, carrying, and twisting in a safe manner are also necessary for many tasks.
• Climbing as well as entering small or confined spaces is mandatory for many assignments.
• Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills required.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Bachelor´s degree.
• Driving is required for certain assignments.
• Animal nutrition experience.
• Previous experience leading or managing people.
• Continuous Improvement experience.