Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Swedesboro, New Jersey
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
3rd shift (10p-630a)
The Operator 1, Bakery- Rheon Relief has the responsibility of planning, organizing, directing, all processing activities conducted at the Rheon Line
Monitor that line parameters are to specifications and subordinates are performing job tasks to specifications. Communicate effectively with subordinates and supporting depts. Assure that scheduled budgeted pounds are completed while maintaining waste control. Document line checks accurately and timely. Demonstrate leadership while functioning as a Team Player.
* Awareness of the daily production shift schedule.
* Coordinate, organize, and assign subordinates work tasks.
* Verify texture of dough to assure product units will develop through the process system as expected.
* Set and verify that the process line control parameters are to specifications.
* Continually monitor controls to ensure that product is to specifications.
* Assure that flour dusters are maintained filled at all times.
* Monitor number of batch containers on floor to be processed to assure they do not exceed the line capacity.
* Continually monitor line subordinates to ensure they are performing job tasks to quality specifications and standards.
* Verify that targeted units per proofer trays are to target specifications.
* Assure that mechanical line moving parts are functioning as expected. Report any mal-functioning or potential mechanical failures to supervisor.
* Assure that the Rheon Line, workstations, are maintained clean, organize and safe for working.
* Assure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are adhered to by employees.
* Continually communicates with Lead Baker on dough conditions and quantity.
* Record Quality Control checks accurately and timely.
* Continually weighs units to ensure product is within weight specifications.
* Ensure that all data entries are entered correctly and accurately for proper reporting in SAP
* Understand and operate Rheon Line process controls panels and performs accurate adjustments when necessary.
* Plan, direct, organize, and coordinate daily activities at the Rheon Line.
* Give precise and clear instructions and directions to subordinates.
* Additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
* Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
* Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
* Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* MATH ABILITY - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to define and solve problems.
* At least 6 months as Rheon operator
* Ability to write clearly and legibly and possess basic effective verbal and written skills in English.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to work with computers and operating screens.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position requires the employee to stand for extended periods of time, have manual dexterity/use of hands and fingers, have the ability to reach with arms and hands, and have the ability to work in an enclosed environment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push/pull proofing racks from 10 to 30 pounds approximately 15 to 100 feet. The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10 and 100 pounds of supplies and trash with the aid of co-workers. This position requires the employee to lift and dump up to 50 pounds.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)