Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, National Accounts
Conduct sales outreach and support to key customers, including retail and special sales accounts to maximize revenue to meet and exceed annual revenue projections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with the development and implementation of a proactive sales program, executing calls on existing key customers and acquiring new accounts. Maintain ongoing communication to drive the sales process. Conduct research of and prospect for new customers for American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) publications and products.
2. Provide information about AAP publications, procedures, and pricing (including bulk discount pricing) to customers, colleagues, and outside sales partners as necessary. Prepare and share sales quotes and proposals to customer targets.
3. Maintain and execute desk-copy program to drive course-adoption sales of AAP resources. Receive, respond to, and process all requests for desk copies and act as liaison to marketing, customer service, and sales staff to coordinate course adoption efforts of all teams.
4. Participate in pricing and order processing of special and bulk sales as needed.
5. Coordinate with Manager, National Accounts to prepare sales presentation materials. Prepare monthly sales reports, tracking revenue growth for special sales accounts for management team.
6. Use data from various platforms to track sales activities and conduct analysis to identify opportunities for new sales and business development.
7. Develop and maintain eBook aggregator seasonal new title information and sales materials. Prepare monthly sales tracking and reporting for aggregator accounts.
8. Process publication orders, credits, and refunds to major and special customers as needed.
9. Provide back-up for Distributor and Reseller Sales Coordinator as needed.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor s degree in business or related discipline required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
Two to three years sales or sales support experience required. Experience in association and publishing preferred.
Must pay close attention to detail, use good judgment, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, respond well under pressure, and work both independently and as part of a team. Excellent sales, communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and mathematical skills required. Strong technical acumen with proficiency in MS Office and the ability to learn and apply new technologies essential; experience with a CMS, (eg, Salesforce) and an AMS (eg, netFORUM) strongly preferred. Ability to communicate in Spanish highly desirable. Some travel, overtime, and weekend work may be required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.