Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support.
The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE)will respond to complex issues where first-line product support has been unable to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
* Work on complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
* Provide Plan of Action (POAs) or if the depth of technical understanding requires, consult with other engineering teams, host meetings of multiple teams to discuss the technical issues in details and determine the best course of action.
* Must be able to clearly document troubleshooting processes and technical findings in order to provide service and postmortem reports.
Additional responsibilities may include:
* Report design, reliability and maintenance problems to the appropriate engineering team
* Document and provide feedback to PSO Sustaining Engineering on continuous improvement project (CIP) opportunities
* Prepare service and postmortem reports
* Assist in customer installation, and upgrade of equipment
* Train KLA and non-KLA personnel
* Develop and document new troubleshooting procedures and best known methods (BKMs)
* Develop written procedures, standards, training material and other technical documentation
* Technical Support representative for new product development
* Backfill or over support of Field Service Engineers
* Lead or participate in other projects
* Experience in project management, conflict interest management, leading/driving multi-disciplined teams to resolve complex issues
* Proven ability of quickly diagnosing problems through analysis of inspection reports, system log files, system parametric diagnostic data and other test results, and provide solutions
* Able to Travel 20-40%.
Optional: Any item below is plus:
* Optics alignment background
* Mech-Electronics controls diagnostics background
* Miscellaneous macro/code development for log analysis
* Small database development experience
* Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience OR
* Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience OR
* Equivalent Combination of Education and Experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.