Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milpitas, California
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
* Acquire and demonstrate technical knowledge of X-Ray based Tool software and up-coming new products in FaST
* Perform Software Requirement Analysis, Design, Develop and Unit Test
* Participate in requirements definition and reviews. Also, provide technical assessment of the impact of changes due to the new requirements.
* Estimate software development effort
* Follow KLA defined software development processes (CMM)
* Understand and make changes to existing software.
* Contribute to continual improvement of the work product, procedures and processes. Also, look for improvement in the work product and propose ideas to implement those improvements.
* Ensure the deliverables are in-line with expected quality.
* Co-ordinate with local teams in the field to solve customer escalations.
* Acquire knowledge of key use cases in X-Ray based Tools.
* Preferably, willing to travel to customer places on short assignments.
* Required: Strong Object Oriented programming skills with hands-on experience with C#, .Net, VC++
* Required: Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction.
* Required: Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills, with the ability to effortlessly move from theoretical to implementation thinking.
* Optional: Knowledge of CMM or other process models
* Optional: Knowledge of KLA products or in general semiconductor domain
Master's Level Degree OR
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience OR
A New College Graduate
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.