Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 30507 - Posted 02/27/2019 - Marketing / Business - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
Reports to the Business Development Team Manager. Has a dotted line with the Global Market Manager in his / her market of focus.
The Business Development Engineer supports the elaboration and execution of a Business Development plan aimed at identifying, developing and commercializing new business opportunities for the Technical polymers business in North America.
He/she manages a portfolio of ongoing business opportunities. He/she explores and identifies new market / application opportunities in order to build a rich developments pipeline.
The successful incumbent understands customers/application/market needs, defines, executes and/or requests the right level of technical service to support his/her activity, and proposes new product development projects under Arkema's stage-gate process. He/she will align actions with the overall business strategy through close interactions with the respective Market Manager.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Business development activity (North America) - 80%
- Propose and execute development strategies in selected markets of focus, with support from Business Development Team Manager as needed.
- Explore, identify and develop new market / application opportunities (diversification).
- Drive customer/market development projects until full commercialization
- Identify and quantify opportunities to drive new Product Development projects
- Determine value chain and competitive environment
- In partnership with Business Development Team Manager, determine IP landscape and ensure strategic IP differentiation (application patents as appropriate).
- Recognizes when intellectual property protection is needed. Understands when and how to operate under a CDA and handles disclosures appropriately. Can operate effectively within the bounds of a JDA.
- Define the technical service requirement to support business development activities.
* Marketing / communication activities - 10%
- Participate in trade shows and attend industry conferences.
* Reporting / internal communication and processes - 10%
- Use Arkema CRM system to support and report activity (call reports, samples/tech service requests etc)
- Write monthly activity reports
- Deliver activity summary presentations to peers and management (i.e. project portfolio reviews, sales meetings, etc.)
- Periodically exchange with global business and business development teams to share experience, information on new developments at global accounts and collect insight from other regions.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Arkema's Technical Polymers business is a truly global organization, with manufacturing and commercial operations in all major regions. There is a particularly high level of global communication and coordination, and it is frequent that developments within a region ultimately benefit another. A keen ability to operate effectively within a global, culturally diverse community of professionals is essential.
- Frequent travels (up to 30%) in North America and possibly overseas.
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Processing or Materials Science is required; MS or MBA is a plus. Prior experience in an R&D/technical role (preferably in the thermoplastic industry) or business development, marketing, or sales will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Think creatively to solve technical problems.
- Build Climate of Trust and Respect
- Detail oriented, with excellent prioritization.
- Efficient with computer and communication tools (CRMs, usual software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Cultural awareness and willingness to travel, possibly globally.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.