Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management. Job Summary
Members of NetApp IT s Storage Engineering team design the architecture, define the operating standards, and implement the storage infrastructure that support s NetApp s business applications. Said infrastructure is a comprised of physical storage arrays, cloud storage services, data management tools, virtual systems, and orchestrating automation. As a member of NetApp IT s Storage Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and managing this infrastructure while communicating and documenting best practices for its general administration and management. You will communicate regularly with management and your technical team members regarding the operational status of the storage environment and you will collaborate with other functional peers to meet performance and operational objectives. As a subject matter expert, you will utilize your strong technical background and related experience to positively contribute to the department s goals and vision for advancing NetApp s storage infrastructure.
With a keen focus on building automated systems and making the transition to an Infrastructure as Code driven IT organization, you will be expected to be driving storage infrastructure through the creation of code. We are looking for an engineer that is focused on designing and developing IT infrastructure solutions using modern automation technology and enabling continuous delivery. To be successful on this role, you will have to be primarily focused on creating code that enables continuous deployment of storage infrastructure standards and components. You will also need to define/implement the process/tools necessary to establish Infrastructure DevOps practices properly and support the engineering and operational teams with these implementations and processes. Job Requirements
* Coding skills in Python, Perl, PowerShell, Ruby, Go, or similar language.
* Fluent in the use of Git-based code repositories and CI/CD practices.
* Ansible knowledge and/or experience is a must.
* Solid understanding of:
o NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, S3, and FC storage protocols
o Data center TCP/IP networking and SDN
o RHEL and Windows operating systems
o Docker containers
* Solid understanding of storage area networks, network attached storage solutions, data replication techniques, and limitations and benefits of each.
* Experience in managing enterprise storage solutions.
* Knowledge in one or more NetApp storage solutions such as ONTAP, SolidFire, E-Series, StorageGRID, etc.
* Working knowledge of consuming and managing infrastructure services within AWS and Microsoft s Azure cloud infrastructure.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering team members and ability to work independently as well.
* Ability to document strategies and designs; and present to management with benefit analysis.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
* Ability to learn new technologies and apply them to solving issues and problems within your area of expertise.
* Efficient user of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Visio. Education
* A minimum of 5 years of experience is required; 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
* A Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or similar engineering field is required; or equivalent experience is required.
* Experience in a large data center environment, hosting with multiple petabytes of data.
* Strong knowledge of NetApp storage and data management solutions is highly desired.
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.