Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The Technical Support Representative I will work in our Technical Support Center (THD). The Technical Support Representative provides Tier-1 technical support services to the caller as appropriate to attempt to resolve customer technical support issues either over the phone (by talking caller through troubleshooting steps or other processes to investigate and resolve), or through Remote Connect methods (remotely connecting and taking control of caller s workstation to investigate and resolve). This could also include escalation with various Idemia Field Service Technicians, or Tier-3 Engineers to attempt to resolve the issue.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
Serve in the Idemia Technical Support Center providing technical/non-technical support of Idemia customers across North America, supporting various deployed Universal Enrollment Systems, Document Authentication Systems, and other Idemia customer systems. These systems include a variety of individual components such as computers, cameras, printers, UPS s, signature tablets, variety of scanning technologies, and fingerprint capture units along with standard Operating Systems (OS) and Idemia custom software applications.
* Orders replacement parts as necessary, communicating to Customer the nature of the problem, status of part arrival, and expected resolution time.
* Participate in establishing and assume ownership of individual and company performance goals.
* Document the customer problems as required in the Support Desk (Great Plains) Service Management System and provide appropriate details/information, and update trouble ticket throughout the life cycle of the ticket.
* Support the Idemia Field Technicians to log all service requests, track response to, and document closure of service requests to insure contract compliance for response time and Service Level Agreements (SLA) for all programs.
* Assist in providing data and reporting to the Field Service Manager and others, as required.
* Support the tracking of all Idemia and Customer-owned assets (Hardware and Software Licenses) where Idemia is contracted to provide maintenance and support.
* Assist in continuous improvement initiatives intended to improve performance to the customer and cost savings to Idemia.
* Excellent communication skills, such as the ability to verbally acquire critical feedback to accurately identify Root Cause of Customer hardware and/or software problems.
* Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Understanding of and ability to use a variety of operating systems including MS DOS, Windows 2000, XP-Pro, Windows 7, Windows 10 and various Server operating systems.
* Understanding of and ability to use the following software programs: MS-Word, MS-Access, MS-Excel, Norton & MacAfee Anti-virus, MS-Outlook, MS-Internet Explorer.
* Must be reliable and show initiative, have the flexibility to work independently and as part of our team.
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Must be able to rapidly research problems and deliver sound solutions by leveraging existing knowledge bases and search engines.
* Must be able to explain technical terms and solutions to technical and non-technical customers.
* Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to follow through with issues, including effectively using escalation procedures as necessary.
* Able to understand, design and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
* Experience with TCP-IP and other network communications.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to participate in on-going technical training (self-paced & classroom) in areas needing improvement, including learning new products and tools, sharing knowledge with others, and providing feedback on products and/or processes.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to effectively communicate with various personalities as part of the daily work environment.
* Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write effective reports and correspondence. Excellent communication skills.
* Be a self-starter and investigate and find solutions for problems that involve areas of responsibility.
* Clean driving record and able to pass thorough background checks.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to analyze issues, establish priorities, anticipate consequences, make decisions, and take action with fine attention to detail.
* Able to maintain proper business presence, and interact with internal/external clients in a professional, courteous manner.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..