Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The candidate will serve in a hybrid manufacturing and quality engineering role. The Manufacturing / Quality Engineer will work with our internal Materials and Manufacturing Engineering departments and the vendors to review and update material specifications and internal quality inspection processes for optimal alignment with customer expectations. Additionally, the candidate will provide manufacturing engineering support to troubleshoot process issues as well as identify and implement improvements through collaboration with other Manufacturing Engineering department members. This individual will lead the continuous improvement efforts for several production locations.
* Tests and monitors incoming materials quality, ensuring compliance with IDEMIA specifications and customer expectations. Enters data into real time QA database application and notifies Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering and local factory manager when discrepancies are discovered.
* Recommends corrective actions and works with other departments to refine vendor specifications based on statistical inspection data.
* Develop and implement plant quality procedures consistent with overall IDEMIA policies through collaboration with the Production Manager and Manufacturing Engineering department.
* Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing process capability, staffing requirements and quality performance to production standards.
* Recommend process and inspection procedure enhancements to improve delivered product quality and production throughput.
* Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
* Layout equipment, materials, and workspaces for maximum efficiency.
* Review engineering specifications and related information for accuracy and completeness.
* Study sequence of operations, material flow, functional requirements, organization charts, and project information to determine appropriate worker functions and responsibilities.
* Consult with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
* Record or oversee recording of information to ensure accuracy of engineering drawings and manufacturing documentation.
* Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts. Assess cost and responsibility, as needed.
* Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
* Intermediate computer skills & statistical analysis
* 6-Sigma training & experience, prefrably Green Belt or higher
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical or Chemistry
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing or Quality Engineering role
* Working knowledge of printing technologies and materials
* Schedule must be flexible during peak work-load periods
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Moderate travel is required at times
* Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10-20% of the time
* Frequent overnight travel is required; up to 50% of the time
* Travel will be required both domestically and internationally; should not exceed 30-50% of the time, but may be more than 50% during key projects
Working Conditions, such as:
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
* Manufacturing shop environment. Exposure to noise, dust, and hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. Working areas may not be ventilated or air-conditioned.
Physical Demands, such as:
* The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..